Thursday, May 29, 2008

Indy!

I think I figured out how I will handle "movie reviews" from here on out. I will say if I liked it, would I see it again, and where. The where is an important part of how a movie is viewed. I saw Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull at the Trussville Regal 16. Nice theatre. The seats are pretty nice and plenty of leg room. I have to have my leg room, not that I am a tall guy by any means, but I like to stretch my legs out.

I LOVED the movie. It is cheesy. It does have some corny lines. The plot is ridiculous, but who cares? It has Harrison Ford in a Fedora and whip!

It kills me the people that are not enjoying this movie because it isn't realistic, plausible, or more character driven. WHAT? Did you miss the first three movies? Have you not seen them since you were eight?

Spielberg has said on multiple occasions that the Indy movies are meant to be a throw back to Saturday afternoon pulp fiction movies of the fifties and sixties. These were the movies he loved to watch as a kid. That's why he made Indy. He honors those movies' memory with Indy.

Take the eight year old inside you to see this movie. That kid will love it if no one else does.

No comments: