Monday, May 5, 2008

Fear the H!

Fear the H! is a project J'Mel, Sam, and myself have been working on for the past year. We said we would write a short story a day for 365 days. I think we are somewhere around 243 right now. That means if you wander over to www.fearthe-h.com you have access to 729 stories, or there about. I know both J'Mel and I have moved in the past year and we lost a day or two. So, that count might be a little off.

I do have to warn you, dear reader, that blog contains everything from foul language, poor grammar, poor spelling, bad ideas, and awesome stories. We knew they wouldn't, or should I say couldn't, all be good. I have to say in our defense a good number of them are very good.

They are all written usually in one sitting, and are usually first drafts, being as we don't have time for rewrites.

I thought I would start posting my stories here as well to help cross polinate as well as give my blog at least one post a day.

With out further ado here is my short story 243:



Time for a little behind the scenes. I get asked, “Pete where do you get your wacky story ideas?”

At this point, I usually laugh and slap my knee. Sometimes I place a comforting hand on their shoulder and say, “None of your business.” There are usually stares and occasionally a nervous glance around the room, at which point I would laugh and say, “Oh, you know Pete can’t keep his secrets to himself.”

I would then gather them around, and tell them all my wondrous stories of magic elves and unicorns visiting me. They bring me story nuggets that I keep in my coat pocket until they are ready to hatch. Story nuggets one day grow up to be real stories.

The kids ooh and ahh. I get a kick out of it and everybody is happy. That is until they realize I had an associate of mine steal their wallets!

No comments: