Friday, August 15, 2008

My Geeky Family

My wife and I are such geeks. We have been slightly obsessed with the Olympics this go round. We watch at least some Olympics every night. The past few nights we have played board games while we watch. Last night we decided to play Lord of the Rings Monopoly. It is just the same as regular Monopoly just has locations from the Lord of the Rings universe in place of the traditional locations.

These first pictures were from about Midnight.



The notes are to help explain the progress of the game. Please note the Giant Chewy Nerds. I LOVE these things. I bought two cases of those bad boys from Amazon.com. You might ask, "Why do you need so much candy?"

My reply would be, "I have a huge sweet tooth, and it is so much cheaper to buy my candy by the case."

Also note she seems to be ahead.


2am

Yes, 2 am we are still playing, and watching the Olympics. Team USA kept winning more medals. As for our game, the tide has turned! I am ahead money wise, but she has the advantage with properties. I need to gain a little more money, and then I can start re-stacking my properties.




We had to shut down shop and go to bed. The game will continue tonight. Who will win?

No comments: