Monday, March 17, 2008

Why do people want to talk to me in uncomfortable locations?

I don't know if it is because I am an approachable guy or what, but people will come up and talk to me in the strangest locations.

Today was a prime example. I stopped at a fast food establishment to use the restroom, and Milton from Office Space stops me. It is strange and uncomfortable to talk to another male in the restroom, but when that male is Milton from Office Space the level of weird is upped ten fold.

I have to give him credit. He came out of the stall, and went right to the sink to wash up. Niiice. It was in this swift movement that he asked, "Hey, do I know you? You look familiar."

I think part of my problem stems from the fact that I am way to nice. I said, "No, I don't think so."
He then asks, "Where are you from? I know all my regulars, and you aren't one." It was at this point that I noticed he was the manager for this fast food establishment. I told him my home town and he replied, "Nope, never been there. Where you live now?" I told him a small town a few miles away. He shook his head and replied, "Nope, never make it over there either."

At this point, he turns from the air dryer to leave, and says, "You just got one of those familiar faces."

For the record, I would like to state that this was a small restroom, the single stall was occupied by a small boy with extremely thick glasses that made his eyes appear huge, and I had to go REAL bad.

I love small town Alabama. No really, I do.

No comments: